Furniture Rental T&Cs
1. Angela Powell Property Management (APPM) permits the Hirer to hire the Goods for a minimum specified period until such time as the hiring is determined as hereinafter provided. The Hirer shall be a mere bailee of the Goods and no property in them shall pass to the Hirer.
2. (a) An inventory of the furnishings will be provided by APPM for the Hirer or his representative at the time of installation.
3. (a) The Hirer shall during the continuance of the hiring keep the Goods in good and substantial repair and condition -reasonable wear and tear only expected and keep the Goods at the address where installed by APPM.
(b) No goods shall be removed from the above declared hire location unless written authority is given by APPM.
4. Hirer shall during the continuance of the hiring pay to APPM, without previous demand, the agreed charges by monthly standing order or other direct credit. Initial payment to be made prior to installation. A transport charge providing for one delivery and one collection is included.
5. The Hirer shall not during the continuance of the hiring sell or offer for sale, loan, rental, sub-let, or otherwise assign the possession of the Goods.
6. The Hirer shall protect the Goods against any distress, execution or seizure and shall indemnify APPM against all losses, cost, charges, damages and expense incurred by reason or in respect thereof.
7. The Hirer shall not interfere with, adapt or alter the Goods in any way.
8. The Hirer shall pay to APPM all expenses incurred by or on behalf of APPM in ascertaining the whereabouts of or repossessing the Goods and of any legal proceedings taken by or on behalf of APPM to enforce the provisions of this agreement.
9. The Hirer shall at all reasonable times on prior written notice to the Hirer’s address permit APPM, its servant and agents to have access to the Goods for the purposes of inspection or repair.
10. APPM may determine the hiring at any time by giving one month’s notice in writing to the Hirer’s address and at any time without notice
(a) upon the Hirer making default in the punctual payment of the hire charge,
(b) on the making of a receiving order in the bankruptcy against the Hirer the calling of a meeting of his creditor or his executing any assignment for their benefit.
(c) upon the Hirer going into liquidation whether voluntary or compulsory except for the purpose of reconstruction or amalgamation or suffering a receiver to be appointed of any of its assets,
(d) upon any execution being levied upon the Hirer and not satisfied within seven days. In any such case APPM may retake possession of the Goods and for this purpose may enter upon the premises where the Goods are installed and such determination by APPM shall not affect the right to recover damages for any
breach of this agreement before such determination.
11.The expression “The Goods” includes all additions, replacements and renewals thereof and all accessories, components, and addition thereto.
12. Any time or other indulgences granted by APPM to the Hirer shall not affect the enforcement of the strict rights of APPM hereunder.
13.The Hirer shall pay by cash or credit card at the time of signing this Agreement a deposit equal to one month’s hire charge which will be refunded or credited following the receipt of all Goods by APPM at the conclusion or termination of the hire period provided the Goods are in good and substantial repair and condition reasonable wear and tear only excepted.
14.The Hirer is responsible for any statutory requirements applicable to the goods (eg Television Licence).
15.The above terms and conditions are enforceable under English law.